Presentation Skills Series: Connect
Course format: Online training with posttest
I-CAR Credit Hours: 1 hour
Estimated Duration: 1 hour
Gold Class: $0.00
This course helps satisfy ProLevel training requirements for the following roles:
This course is an Annual Training option for the following roles:
Completion of the following course/s, knowledge area/s is required:
ED002E01 How to Use the PDP-EE Curriculum, ED003E01 Presentation Skills Series: Reflect
Please note: Course satisfies ProLevel 2 Knowledge Area training requirements for the Educator Role. Knowledge Area is called "Presentation Skills."
Presentation Skills Series: Connect is the second in the three-part series designed for Career and Technical College instructors. In this online course, instructors will connect with I-CAR's Mission and Vision statements, as well as I-CAR's Core Beliefs and Values. They will be able to download a printable version for their own use. In addition, instructors will view I-CAR's Elisabeth Sobczak sharing presentation best practices in engaging video clips. True connection with a student involves tapping into student motivation. Instructors will explore the five influences to help spark student motivation.
Module 2 – Connect with I-CAR's Core Beliefs and Values
Module 1 – Connect with I-CAR's Mission and Vision
Instructors will explore I-CAR's mission and vision statements through a quiz format. The I-CAR curriculum relies on the instructor to connect the dots for their students between theory and practice. Instructors will conclude the module by writing their own mission and vision for their instruction.
Instructors will explore I-CAR's core values and beliefs to connect with the ideals. The I-CAR curriculum relies on the instructor to embody the core beliefs and values. Instructors will reflect on their own values and rate themselves on their instructor capabilities.
Module 3 – Student Motivation
Connecting with students involves motivating them to learn. Instructors will learn about the five influences on student motivation. They will write their own commitment to connect with their students. Putting it all together, instructors will select effective approaches for capturing attention. They will match the student need with the instructional strategy.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Terminal Learning Objective: Align your instruction with the mission and vision of I-CAR
- Enabling Learning Objective 1: Identify the I-CAR mission and vision.
- Enabling Learning Objective 2: Align your instruction with the I-CAR mission and vision statements.
- Enabling Learning Objective 3: Identify the I-CAR core beliefs and values.
- Enabling Learning Objective 4: Rate your instruction compared to I-CAR's core beliefs and values.
- Terminal Learning Objective: At the end of this module students are expected to choose strategies to connect with the learner.
- Enabling Learning Objective 5: Identify the five influences on student motivation.
- Enabling Learning Objective 6: Identify strategies to motivate your students.
- Enabling Learning Objective 7: Commit to the role of engaging the learner.
Prior recommended courses
- ED002E01 How to Use the PDP-EE Curriculum
- ED003E01 Presentation Skills Series: Reflect